Former Divorce Attorney for Julia Haart is Suing Her for Over $500k

0

Page Six can exclusively report that reality star Julia Haart is being sued for nearly $500,000 by her former divorce lawyer.

Adria Hillman, a lawyer, accuses the “My Unorthodox Life” actor of defrauding her of $413,110.70 in court papers filed on December 1.

However, Haart’s new lawyer stated that the reality star executive has the “right to dispute claims.” Haart, who is presently mired in a bitter legal battle with her ex, Silvio Scaglia, hired Hillman in February.

Haart filed for divorce the next month, just hours after being sacked from Elite World Group, the fashion and talent business Scaglia bought in 2011. In 2019, he appointed Haart as co-owner and CEO of the company.

According to court documents obtained by Page Six, Hillman, who is represented by Richard A. Klass, provided legal services “in connection with negotiating a separation agreement and/or representation in a matrimonial action.”

Hillman focuses on “hands-on assistance with legal separation, divorce, prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, the complex financial and multifarious custody aspects of family law,” according to her website. She is seeking the sum owed, plus interest, beginning in June.

“Julia Haart has a remarkable degree of integrity,” said Haart’s new lawyer, Nancy Chemtob. She would not refuse to pay any lawyer or anyone unless there was a legitimate reason. She is free to contest the charges and work product.”

Haart’s divorce, which is currently being portrayed in the second season of her reality program, has been a disaster. Scaglia claims Haart stole from Elite World Group to fund her extravagant personal lifestyle, which included buying designer clothes and obtaining a breast job on the “company dime.”

Haart has dismissed the allegations “ludicrous,” adding, “I’ve never taken a dime that wasn’t mine.”

They also fought over a $132,000 business Bentley. She was unsuccessful in her attempt to prove that she owned half of Scaglia’s multimillion-dollar fashion company, Elite World, in May.

Read More:

“[Scaglia] told everyone, including bankers, investors, staff, and Julia herself,” a representative for Haart told Page Six at the time. The order issued today is simply tentative and not final. We will have more to say once the judge’s verdict is published.”

Haart lost her attempt to prove that Scaglia abused her in order to obtain a restraining order in August. “There was no fear displayed by any party and no intimidation, certainly not of Wife,” the judge ruled.

She did, however, obtain the right to use and inhabit their marital property, a $65 million Tribeca triplex. Haart had been dating and was photographed kissing a mystery man in the Hamptons this summer.

Scaglia is already engaged to Michelle-Marie Heinemann, a socialite he met two months after his divorce from Haart.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.