WRITTEN BY: Basmah Nasir
When it comes to being a hopeless romantic, the idea of love becomes life. Literally, nothing seems more important that finding your one true love. Hopeless romance is an evergreen phenomenon with its main foundation made up of the belief that love conquers all.
Here are twelve signs that prove you are a hopeless romantic at heart:
11 signs you’re (secretly) a hopeless romantic
1. You have a million OTPs. Like literally, every time you watch a movie or read a book, you start shipping the characters.
* OTP = One true pairing
2. You spend a lot of your free time making up scenarios in your mind and daydreaming about the one. Like what would you do if you met them, what color would be the flowers at your wedding, or what would you name your first child. Every free second is spent thinking of them whether they know you or not.
3. You believe in fate and that there is someone for everyone and that one day fate will bring the meant-for-each-other together.
4. Romance novels are your kryptonite. Whether they are tragic romances like ‘Wuthering Heights’ and ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ or romantic comedies like ‘The Boy Next Door’ and ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,’ you can always be found roaming around in the romance aisle in bookshops.
5. You are known to tear up during movies, you cried through ‘A Walk To Remember,’ ‘The Theory Of Everything,’ ‘The Notebook,’ and ‘Titanic.’ Right? And songs sometimes make you emotional to the point where you work yourself to tears.
6. Although your love is still hoeing around and hasn’t found his way to you, you’re still happy for all those around who have found their one.
7. You are one of those few people who actually find it extremely cute when little kids dress up in fancy suits, tuxedos, and dresses like they are going to some tiny wedding. Also, animals dressing up all fancy is another cuteness overload factor for you.
8. You are the strange one in the group who coos “Aww” at weird moments while the rest stare at you like What bro?
9. You fall in love all the time. You literally see one cute guy and start planning a long-term relationship with them. Never mind you forgot to ask for their digits.
10. You fall in love with little details. Like the way someone smiles or how their eyes crinkle when the laugh or the tiny creases they get on their forehead when they are thinking. You cherish these small details as if they are a huge part of life.
11. Lastly as The Beatles say “All you need is love, all you need is love. All you need is love, love, love is all you need,” you believe love is all you need!